Spotify allows artists to pitch their music directly for inclusion in playlists on their platform, including being included in Release Radar playlists. Pitching your music to Spotify can have some major benefits, per Spotify’s website:
- Get heard by fans new and old: Landing on the various types of Spotify playlists can introduce your tracks to both loyal audiences and first-time listeners.
- Uncover new insights about your audience: With more new listeners in your audience, Spotify for Artists gives you a deeper understanding of how and where your music is being discovered.
- Open up to a world of musical possibilities: Find creative inspiration for new collaborations, genre experimentation, or new sounds and lyrical themes.
While our team is unable to assist directly with Spotify pitching, you’re able to do so yourself through Spotify for Artists! You can follow these steps to get your music submitted for playlisting:
- Log in to Spotify for Artists.
- Find unreleased music to pitch:
- At the top of Home, select PITCH FROM NEXT RELEASE.
- On web, you can also pitch from the Music tab under Upcoming.
- Choose a song and fill out the info requested there.
Spotify also has a helpful article here detailing these steps, as well as further information related to pitching.
Keep in mind:
- You’ll need to claim your Spotify for Artists page before being able to pitch. More information on how to do that can be found on our FAQ site at this link.
- The music you’re pitching must be unreleased - new tracks only!
- Spotify recommends that you submit and pitch your music well before it’s scheduled to go live - at UnitedMasters, we recommend submitting releases at least two weeks in advance of your preferred release date.
If you have any other questions or need additional assistance, please let us know by submitting a request for support.