To get published and get paid for your beats, you’ll need to have an active Stripe account connected to your Producer Profile with a valid payment method on file. If you’ve never set up a Stripe account before, it’s easy (and free) but you’ll need to provide the following information so that you can get paid:
- An email address and password (we’ll prefill the same email address you provide for your UM account, and you’ll use this password in the future to log in to Stripe and view your transactions)
- A phone number (that you can verify on a mobile device for security purposes)
- Full name and a physical address
- Date of birth
- The last four digits of a valid Social Security number
- A bank account and routing number
- Business type (we recommend “Individual”)
- Industry (we recommend “Music”)
- Business website (any social media URL or personal website will do)
- Product description (we recommend “Selling beats online”)
- A description field that will be visible to your buyers in their credit card statement
- A support phone and address if buyers need to reach out to you via Stripe
If you’re creating a new Stripe account, once you’ve provided all this information, you’ll be returned to your producers Settings > Payments page on UnitedMasters.com where your status will show as “Pending” until Stripe has approved your account. Stripe generally approves new accounts in just a few minutes after which your status will show as “Active” in UnitedMasters. From there, you’re all set to receive payments for your beats.
It’s important to note that Stripe is a third party payment platform. That means UnitedMasters does not control your Stripe account and you’ll need to contact them directly should you have any issues.