If you’ve been following the news lately, you know that it’s more important than ever to be vigilant about protecting your information online.
Fortunately, there are some easy things that you can do to keep your UnitedMasters account secure against unauthorized use or access:
- Choose a strong password. Choose a password with at least 8 characters, including upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters. Make sure to avoid anything that might be easy to guess, such as: family names, pet names, and birthdays. We recommend you try to make your passwords as random as possible.
- Don’t reuse passwords. Make sure your UnitedMasters password is unique and that you don’t use it for any other accounts - if a password has been compromised on any platform, it is compromised on every platform.
- Don’t share your login credentials. We want to make sure that your UnitedMasters account stays your UnitedMasters account, so we strongly recommend that you never share your username and password with anyone. If you’d like to add a manager or team member, you can use our Artist Team Feature (more info here).
- Log into your account regularly. Even if you don’t have new music to upload, it’s a good idea to log into your account from time-to-time to make sure that everything looks right (and while you’re there, you can check your stats and see what new features UnitedMasters has launched!).
- Monitor your information online. Sites like https://haveibeenpwned.com/ post information about security breaches online and can tell you whether your email, password or other information has been exposed on another website, so that you can take action before your UnitedMasters account is affected.
- Check your email. To help keep your account secure, UnitedMasters will notify you of any email or PayPal changes to your account - so make sure to regularly check your email and Spam folder for emails from us.
And, of course, if you ever notice unusual activity on your account, or have any questions, please reach out to us here!